As we were celebrating our risen Savior today, it was only fitting to come home and find a resurrection of a different kind.
The pigeons are back.
For being “rats with wings” as Husband says, they are quite smart. They managed to tear down his chicken wire barricade and build a roomy nest in the eave of our house. But for all their brains, they clearly have a short memory because they’ve completely forgotten what Husband did to their relatives last year, and by the look in Husband’s eyes, I fear they’ll suffer the same fate.
However, I’ll put death talk aside and talk about life for a moment. It’s so easy to take for granted that we have a living Savior who cares about every detail of our lives, although we don’t deserve it. So, with that in mind, I want to share one of my favorite vocal performances of all time. I’ve probably watched this video a hundred times, but it never fails to give me chills. Happy Easter!
Husband and I are days away from becoming an uncle and aunt, and while we anxiously await the blessed day, I’ve been busy throwing/attending baby showers for my sis. I shared before about the diaper cake my other sis and I made for one of the showers, but here’s how the rest of the decorations turned out:
Here are some more fun photos of the 3 showers she’s had. I just can’t wait for that little munchkin to be here!
For the few of you that may follow this blog, you may have noticed my absence over the past several weeks. Just to reassure you, Husband and I are alive and well – just busy. We’ve been living and loving life and that’s left me little time to write about it. So, what have we been up to that’s sucked up every second of my available writing time?
- Baby showers, baby showers, baby showers. (more on this later)
- Game night with friends. If you haven’t discovered Cranium or Munchkin yet, get yourself to Target and check them out. All you need are a few friends, and you’re guaranteed an evening full of laughs.
- Our wedding anniversary celebration. Two words: Capital Grille. Yum!
- Husband’s week-long birthday celebration, including a surprise birthday party that I barely pulled off. Husband will tell you he knew the whole time, though.
- Spring cleaning. Yes, all of our winter clothes are now packed away in celebration of warmer weather and longer days, and those drawers that needed cleaning out are now stowing a much lighter load.
- For Husband, motorcycle track days and day trips with his buddies have filled much of his time.
- Reading. I caught the Hunger Games bug and read all 3 books in 1 week – then went to see the first movie with a friend. While the story is captivating, I can’t decide if I actually like it or not.
- Working out. Husband and I have become quite the gym rats and have been consistently going 5 nights a week. I have to say he’s looking pretty buff lately!
- Making some safety improvements to our house, including a new alarm system which helps me sleep easier on the rare occasion when Husband is out of town.
- See #1
As you can see, there’s plenty to catch everyone up on. So, be looking for more posts in the coming days!
With the Grammys and Oscars this month, award season is in full swing, and apparently blogs are no exception. My lovely friend and fellow blogger Mrs. Hargrave recently honored me with the Liebster Blog Award, and I want to give her a HUGE thank you.
The Liebster Blog Award is to recognize your favorite blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules for the award are: 1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. 2. Link back to the blogger who awarded/nominated you. 3. Copy and paste the blog award to your blog. 4. Reveal your top 5 blog picks! 5. Drop by your top 5 picks and let them know you chose them by commenting on their blog!
And the Award Goes To…
In addition to Mrs. Hargrave, you’ve got to check out these other wonderful blogs:
Husband and I spent the last year giving our house a makeover, and we are excited about beginning this year with a financial one. We have begun the 13-week Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University course with a group from his office, and after only 2 weeks, we are so excited about what this course is teaching us.
It’s more than just a course in how to manage your money, it’s about how to manage your attitude towards money. Luckily, we’ve been doing a lot of things right, but there are several areas of improvement that we are pumped about working on. The one surprise (for me at least) has been learning how much the Bible talks about our personal finances. It’s full of wisdom on how we should be stewards of what God has blessed us with.
Verses About Personal Finance
- 1 Timothy 5:8
- 2 Thessalonians 3:10
- Proverbs 28:20
- Genesis 41:35-36
- Hebrews 12:11
- Psalm 62:10
The most eye-opening verse we’ve covered is Proverbs 22:6-7. While most of us have heard Proverbs 22:6 as a promise to parents, we rarely here it coupled with the verse immediately following it:
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is a servant to the lender.”
Dave Ramsey uses these verses to make the point about how important it is that we teach our children how to handle finances. I am so looking forward to doing this one day!